Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bags packed again

Well, Sherry and I will leave Friday for Houston. We will spend the weekend with our family. Sherry and I stay at my sisters in Houston, and this weekend my daughter Kristen is driving down from Dallas with Sherry's parents, Johnny and Naomi. Also my son, Shaun, will fly in from Philadelphia so we are all looking forward to being together. This week has been a different week. I had the harsh Chemo (8 hours) on Monday, then regular Chemo (2 hours) on Tuesday and then today (Wednesday). I also had a M.R.I. yesterday on my bones to take to M.D. Anderson along with different shots for my blood levels, so my body doesn't know what is going on. During the night I have these big grasps for air that panics my wife. I tell her if she wouldn't put the pillow over my head it would probably help (just kidding). We are doing good, believing in God for every day. We have certainly come to understand that it's not the days in your life that matter as much as the life in your days. For that reason starting the Sunday after Easter we are going to start a series on living like you were dying. The focus is not on death, it's on life and maximizing every day that God gives us. God is awesome - I know that more now than ever. I promise to give another update as soon as we return from M.D. Anderson at the end of next week. We love all your comments, it means so much to Sherry and I. Pastor Eric Olsen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the update, I've been checking. I'm so happy to hear that your family is getting together, that is wonderful. I'm sure that is a rare happening with everyone all over the U.S. You quit scaring Sherry like that! That sounded so like you about the pillow thing. Your still our fun Pastor Eric, even after all these years. I love you guys so much, I will be continuing to pray for you all. Enjoy your time with your kids!

Love,

Cindi & family

Anonymous said...

Dear Pastor Olsen,
HAPPY BIRTHDAY with many more to come.
We are praying and believing that your miracle awaits for you in Texas,to GOD be the Glory!.I'm including these five healing Scriptures for you.

(1) One of God's benefits is healing..PSALM 103:1-5.

(2) God's word is healing..PSALM 107:20.

(3) God wants you to live.. PSALM 118:17.

(4) God will restore your health.. JEREMIAH 30:17.

(5) God's highest wish is for you to be well..3 JOHN 2.

You and Sherry have a wonderful time visiting with your family,we will continue praying and thanking God for your healing. Amen.

With much agape love,

Maria and Cesar

Anonymous said...

Eric,

I understand that birthday wishes are in order! So here you go a GREAT BIG HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! With many many more to come!!!!!!!! I love you and Sherry sooooooooooo much!! And I stand firm in faith that God is healing your body! I am so glad to get an update from you, I have been checking regularly and praying daily for you guys.... I know you will look forward to this trip to Houston, since you will get to see so many family members. Tell Sherry's mom and dad hello for me.... I don't know if they will remember me or not.

Eric you really do need to quit causing Sherry to have these panic attacks!!!! And you know I don't even think a pillow a could help you out! LOL.

Take care of yourselves, keep your chins up and eyes on God. He WILL keep you, comfort you, provide for you, take care of you and HEAL you, for HE IS THE GREAT PHYSICIAN!!

Let me hear from you when you get back from Houston.

Love you guys with all my heart,
Terry