Thursday, November 15, 2007

Another Week

This week has certainly been made of highs and lows. Sunday was a very special time. It was the first time the church saw me without my hair. When I approached the platform I was overwhelmed by the standing ovation. The love and support has been - well, words can't express it. Monday I had two Chemo treatments, then I also have radiation every day except Saturday and Sunday. I am in the office today, but feel so weak. I am thankful to the Lord that I haven't had any radical side-effects, but when you want to go full speed and can't it is just difficult. I don't know how I could have done this without the staff I have filling in the gaps and a church that loves me so unconditionally. It brings me to tears even now thinking of the love of Christ lived through the lives of real people. Have a great day today and let us look at Thanksgiving being truly thankful for all His blessings. I love you!!!!!!! Pastor Olsen

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric, Just wanted to say Im praying for you and Sherry during this time. Thank you for the influence you had on my life as a young teenager. I owe a lot to you and Sherry. My love and prayers are with you both.
Cheryl Dekker

Chelo said...

Today is a crispy clear day in South Texas. As I drove over the bridge of the Laguna Madre with Carolina, I was praying silently. My heart has been burdened as we have several friends that are going through so much. I pray for strength and comfort for you all. Yes, if you are reading this my prayer is for you. Love, Alberto

Anonymous said...

Pastor Eric,
Eliana (Alberto Mestas sister) and I are praying for God's intervention. We along with our church will be interceding on your behalf. I hope to be able to see you soon and give you a loving hug.
God Bless,
Rev. Ed Alonso
Elim Missionary Assembly