Monday, April 7, 2008

We're Back

It is Monday and the house is quiet and somewhat normal. All the kids and grandkids left today. We had a great time being together. We laughed and cried some. It was tiring on Eric. He was in a great deal of pain and the pain meds made him sleepy. He did all meals with us and did a few activities with the kids and shopping for a few hours with all the girls. Shaun became the offical wheelchair pusher. Ally our granddaughter was thrilled to spend every morning with Papi. She would come early to our room and get on our bed. She would sit chat away with Papi. It was precious memories for us and I hope for her as well. I could just keep on chatting about the cruise but I have other things to tell you. Today the Dream Foundation came with a package for Eric. He has tickets to the Masters Golf Tournament next weekend. Shaun is meeting us for Saturday and Sunday rounds. Shane is going to be with us on the Saturday round. We went to the radiation onocologist today and she was concerned about Eric's back as well as his hip. Starting tomorrow he will have radiation everyday on his back and hip. This should help with the pain. As of now I am the offical chauffer and Eric hates it. He does not like being a passenger so he has to get better to get the drivers seat back. We missed all of you and look forward to hearing from you. Love you Sherry

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the update Sherry. I was checking thinking there would be one today. I'm so glad you all got to spend time with your entire family. I'm sure that has been a rare thing for a while, with both "boys" in the ministry. It's still so hard to imagine them all grown and Shane with children of his own. Pass our love on to Eric, we are continually keeping him in our prayers. We love you both so very much!

Love & prayers,

Cindi Gipson

Chelo said...

Hi Pastor and Sherry. Thanks for the news. We are praying for you guys. All is well in Corpus and we miss you and our Church family.

Love,

Alberto, Patricia and children

Anonymous said...

Sherry and Eric,

Glad to hear that you had a good time. I have been checking and waiting for an update. I am so glad that Ally got to spend those precious moments with her Papi, and I hope that she will forever carry them in her heart.

It is unbelievable how fast they grow. I can remember when Shane was born at Baptist in Memphis, how excited Eric was (you know we had to deal with him while you had the easy job of having the baby, they didn't let daddy's go in the deliveries back then), anyway, I remember the doctor coming out and telling him he had a son. Eric went on and on, "did you hear him I have a SON! the doctor told me I have a son, he didn't say you have a boy, he said you have a son"!!! He was soooooo funny! Ya'll were the cutest parents and I had hoped and dreamed of being just like you when I grew up.

I was looking at pictures the other day of you guys back at Rugby Park Assembly. I think I will make copies and send them to you. It's hard to believe that that was over 30 years ago!! WOW, now I feel old! LOL.

Tell Eric we are praying for him, I hope he gets to feeling better soon. I love you guys so much. Please keep us all updated on his progress.
Take care and GOD bless you!

Love you always and forever,
Terry

Junior & Michelle Suarez said...

I'm glad to here that you all had a great time together with your FAMILY!! That's is all that counts! Thank you so much for the update, I check the blog almost everyday. We love you very much and hope you guys will count on us for anything you need. We are here for you guys. Pastor get better so you can get back on the driver's seat!!! :) Hope to see you guys soon, we miss you. Brinny will be in the Hospital this weekend so we will miss you Sunday! We love you and we continue to pray for you and your family for strength and a miraculous healing! In His Name, The Suarez Family!