Sunday, January 6, 2008

A Long Time Coming

I know, I know - it's been a while. There are reasons I have not updated before now. After I finished Radiation on Dec. 7th and had three chemo's on the 10th-12th I had a petscan and catscan done. When we went to meet with the oncologist to review these things on the 12th all seemed rather vague. Well alot has happened in the last week. I have had some back pain and stomach sensitivity. Well on the 31st I decided to go to the E.R. because our deductibles were met and Sherry and I thought that I had a Kidney infection and they could give me an anti-biotic. We were shocked when the doctor came in an said that my cancer had moved to my #12 lumbar and my pelvis with some other suspicious areas. Since then we have met with three doctors that have all verified the findings. Since then God has put people in our path with connections with M.D. Anderson in Houston, so we are planning a trip there fairly soon. The doctors have told us that it appears that the previous chemo has done little, for the only area that is better is exactly where they did the radiation. What is causing the current pain is some lymph nodes that are infected and growing. As many experience with cancer, there are new challenges at every turn. I was amazed when our Radiation Oncologist told us that this would be with me from now on. I thought, I'm glad that's not God's word on the matter. I think I will trust the Lord who declares that "He" is the Lord that Heals us!!!!! Thank-you for your prayers and as things begin to move in this new area I will update much more often. THANKS - I cannot tell you how much I love all of you!!!! Pastor

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eric and Sherry,
I'm so sorry that you are going through this - I was telling our Bible study group the latest update and asking them to pray for this latest news. I told them what a rock you were Eric to us 26+ years ago when we thought Becky was going to die. Remember the emotional rollar coaster that was - and you just kept praying and trusting God with us. You were such an encouragement to us then. We saw God do a miracle in her little life even when the doctors didn't give us much hope. I wish we could be there to encourage and help you now. Know that in St. Louis we love you and are praying so hard for you. I know this setback must be discouraging but we serve a God who can do amazing things. We are believing with you for a miracle. We're praying for Sherry and the kids as well. Please keep the updates coming so we know how to pray.

Love, Cathy & Joe

Cindi Gipson said...

Pastor Eric -

Thank you for the update. I have been checking daily as I pray for you. We will continue to keep praying. God is faithful, not only have I seen that in my own life, but I remember being told that early on in life, by a great Pastor that God blessed my life with - YOU!

Please know that you will continue to be in my prayers and that of my family too. We are praying for you and your family. I love you!

Love & Prayers,

The Gipson Family

Anonymous said...

Eric & Sherry,
Thanks for the update! I have been checking but had seen no update. Know that Junior and I are praying for you and your family. You are a strong person and you have a strong woman beside you as well. You were there for us and still are for Brinny and remember we are here for you. If you need anything at all please let us know. We love you both very much! Be well and stay positive, God is are healer and I believe in a miracle. Love,
Junior and Michelle Suarez

Anonymous said...

Eric and Sherry,
We are friends of Cathy and Joe Orr. They have been such a blessing to us over the past few years. We go to E-Free with them, in the same small church and we are also in the same small Bible Study group that meets each week.
We just wanted you to know that we are praying for you. We pray for physical healing, Eric. We are praying for strenth for you and for your family as you ride this unruly rollercoaster of treatments and doctor visits.
Just wanted to let you know that we are some of the St. Louis people praying for you and your family. Thanks to Cathy for sharing this site with us. I'm sure she'll keep us posted. May God continue to bless you and may He heal you!

Love in Christ,
Scott and Denise Dietz

Anonymous said...

Eric and Sherry, I want you to know Nancy and I continue to stand beside you in prayer. I can't tell you how we relate to the constant flow of bad news from the medical community, but praise God that He is in control...no one else. As we have traveled this road over the last 4 months the Lord has allowed our path to cross several others dealing with cancer...some believers, some not. Each and every night we gather thogether as a family and pray for those people...every night you and Sherry are part of our prayers. I've sent you a couple of emails over the last couple months, but I think your spam filter must have got them. My email is bcollier@oasysgroup.net I'd love to keep in touch with you as we both walk this path.

Love and prayers from Arizona,

Nancy and Bill Collier

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for what you are going through. I wish there was something I can do for you. I know God will take care of you there is no doubt in my mind. Don't loose faith. I will continue to pray for you and sherrie. And although Rob and I are far we will always be here for you both. You know you can always count on us. You mean a lot to both of us and we love you very much. Our prayers are with you.
Kathy, Rob & Lucas

Anonymous said...

Pastor,
I can't begin to tell you how sorry I am for what you are going through. I wish there was something I can do for you. I know God will take care of you there is no doubt in my mind. Don't loose faith. I will continue to pray for you and sherrie. And although Rob and I are far we will always be here for you both. You know you can always count on us. You mean a lot to both of us and we love you very much. Our prayers are with you.
Kathy, Rob & Lucas